Wilfred Owen's Letter To Jessie Pope


Extended Writing Task:

Dear Jessie Pope,

I have read your poem and I have to say that it is MISLEADING. You are influencing people to take part in something that will lead to nothing but tragic losses and unforgettable traumas. I have been in war and I know what it’s like to loose a friend. I know what it’s like to be in the warzone struggling to stay alive. Have you ever been in war? Your poem is fallacious and everyone I know thinks so. So in response to your deceptive poem, I wrote a poem that I would like you to read. It is a sonnet. I used imagery, onomatopoeia, alliteration and metaphors, which of course you should know all about. So I would like you to read it and write me what you think of it. I hope you understand that you are blinding innocent people and leading them into their deathbeds.

Sincerely,
Wilfred Owen